Sunday 13 May 2012

Final piece development


In my sketchbook I have a few different ideas. I used Photoshop to develop them a bit.
This may look better using a different font, it seems very harsh and not really suitable for young kids.


This was my favorite idea (above) but I don't think its easy to read.





I like the positioning of the last one here, but I think maybe a different font would work better? and possibly using lowercase for the 'oyle' would look better.


Messing around with my own name. I've decided i want to use my name/initials for the final piece instead, maybe in the future i could develop it into a logo for myself?
I really liked the flipped mirror idea (third from the top of this post) but it didn't turn out right. Below I've tried to incorporate the idea of overlapping the type and using the stroke effect like i did with the flipped mirror idea.



The use of the square here is influenced by Varini's work where he used the large circles around objects. It also helps give a bit of contrast and make it look a bit more interesting.


I was wondering what it would look like if i used the outline of the 'B'.. It does make it look more like typography but i think the contrast of the square would look better.

Fine tuning a bit here (below) I made the strokes bigger and changed the position of the 'oyle'







No comments:

Post a Comment